Sunday, February 26, 2017

#Teach180 Post: Days 101-110

This year I've taken on the #teach180 challenge.  The challenge is to post one tweet per day showing a glimpse inside your classroom.  I'm also putting the tweets together in a biweekly blog so that I can share the resources that I'm tweeting about.

Day 101:  Today was a quiz day.  I give weekly cumulative quizzes as part of #SBG.
Day 102:  Today we used the Ozoblocky game to learn some introductory programming skills.  We'll use Ozobots for a tansformations project in about 2 more weeks.

Day 103:  Today in algebra 2 we practiced determining the end behavior of functions.  We were a little short on time, so I was not able to play the game of My Ship Sails that I had hoped for.  So we just used the game cards to complete a card sort instead.


Day 104: Today in geometry we started this project using transformations.  This is not something that I created, but I'm having trouble remembering where I found it right now.  I'll be sure to update this post once I track down the actual creator.


Day 105:  Today in algebra 2 we practiced finding turning points of polynomial functions using our graphing calculators.  Not super engaging, but good for building fluency.  If you have a fun practice activity for this topic, please share :)


Day 106:  Today was another weekly quiz day.
Day 107:  Today we started our Ozobot transformations and graphing projects.  Here are the links to the directions that I gave to the kids: Algebra 2 Geometry.  We sure are learning a lot about problem solving ("Why is ozobot going left instead of right?" "How do i make him turn around?").

Day 108:  Today in algebra 2 we practiced graphing polynomials functions by finding the turning points and zeros.


Day 109:  Today we continued working on our transformations and graphing functions Ozobot projects.  We are making progress!



Day 110:  Today we practiced using the distance and midpoint formula with this challenging assignment.  Students work backwards to find a missing coordinate given a distance and the other 3 coordinates.


It's not to late to join in on the #teach180 challenge!  Start posting your daily tweets from your classroom today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment