Sunday, December 10, 2017

#SundayFunday: Photo of the Week



Here is yet another late #SundayFunday post.  I'm still making progress towards making a post on time though:  This post is only 3 weeks late this time Here is more info if you'd like to join in the fun.

The challenge this week is to share a picture from your classroom.  I've chosen to share my new seating arrangement:


Obviously I'm not the first person to use this arrangement.  I've used it myself for short bursts of time but this is the first year that I'm primarily using this set-up.  David R. Johnson wrote about the many benefits of this arrangement in several of his books, including "Every Minute Counts."


I reread Johnson's books every few years and always find something new to improve my classroom.  

What makes the Double U-shaped arrangement so great is how easy it is to circulate around the room.  I can peak at every students work in a matter of seconds in this set-up.  I also like that this arrangement encourages kids to have conversations about the math that they are doing.

If you are interested in this and other classroom tips, Johnson's books are a great place to start.  The books are short and each is a quick read filled with small treasures.

 

I hope that you'll check out the other #SundayFunday blogs and consider joining in the fun :)




No comments:

Post a Comment