Thursday, August 4, 2016

Stemathon Takeaways Day 1

The first session that I attended today was about augmented vs virtual reality.  Augmented reality is like Pokemon Go and the funny face apps.  When you look at your screen, you see the real world with a mix of imaginary features.  Virtual reality is more like full on imaginary surroundings, like virtual field trips using google cardboard.

The augmented reality resource that I might be able to use in my classroom is Aurasma.  It is a free app that allows you to create your own AR experience.  You could use this to create an AR word wall, diagram, book report, or worksheet.  Check it out.  It seems pretty neat.

The second session that I attended was about using the concrete - representational - abstract (CRA) in middle school geometry.  We explored the volume of prisms.  





I presented during the last session.  Here are my resources from the day.

Looking forward to another day of learning at STEMathon day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment