Sunday, July 30, 2017

Practice Structures: Board Games Revisited




I previously wrote about using board games for math practice.  Any easy to play game will work.  You can pick them up from the dollar store, yard sales, or big box stores.  You could even find your own free printables on Pinterest.  Then just have your students complete one math question before each round of moves/turns.  You can read the original post here for more information.

In the first post, I shared two versions of the games.  The first was on biconditionals and definitions and while the second was about multiplying and dividing rational expressions.  I've added two more examples now.

Kindergarten - 2D vs 3D Shapes
Grade 8 - Triangle Similarity

I hope you try using board games in your practice sessions.  Let me know how it goes or if you make a variation of the idea :)

No comments:

Post a Comment