Friday, December 1, 2017

#SundayFunday: Self Care Tips




Another late #SundayFunday post, but at least I'm closing in on posting one one time :) This one is only 4 weeks late and I'm making up ground! Here is more info if you'd like to join in the fun.

I feel like a real hypocrite even considering the idea of giving advice about work-life balance.  I have almost no life in my work-life balance.  In general I work from 6am-4pm every weekday and often a few extra hours in the evening.  I also usually work 5 or so hours over the weekend.  During the summer I work nearly as much except I'm usually better at taking the weekends off.

Therefore, this post will be more about my goals for giving myself some more life in my work-life balance!

1)  I'd like to make more time for my hobbies.  These include camping, hiking and spending time with family, friends, and my dogs.  My husband and I try to camp at least once a month from May to October and I make it a point to walk the doggos daily.  However, I could certainly benefit from seeing my family and friends more often and the pups would not be opposed to more belly rubs.  Here are some picture of Gypsy, Zoey, and Kyra to brighten your day.  Yes, I know that 3 dogs is too many.

  

2)  I need to exercise more efficiently and eat healthier.  I wake-up at 4:30 am every morning so I can get in a quick 30 minute workout.  Most days it's a Jillian Michaels DVD, other days it's cardio or lifting at the gym with the hubby.  Still, some mornings I find myself only putting in half my effort.  Also, I do eat 3 healthy meals everyday, but I eat sooooo much junk in between that I undo my work at the gym.  No that I'm in my very late 30s, these bad habits are catching up to me.  I'm sure I'd feel better if I met this goal.

3)  I must say "No" more often.  I've actually made great progress on this goal so far, but I don't want to slip into old routines and habits, so I'm reminding myself.  I should only volunteer for the committees and activities that I feel strongly about.  Right now that is professional development, educational technology, and scheduling.  It's better for me to do a few things well than many things poorly.

4)  Lastly, I want to have some "No work allowed" times.  Here are my new goals for myself.  First, No work after 7pm on weeknights.  I need some time to wind down before bed so I can sleep well.  Second, No work on Saturday at all (only housework/yard work allowed).  Third, only half a day of work on Sunday. 

I think this is a manageable list!  I hope you make some time for yourself too!

No comments:

Post a Comment