Sunday, December 11, 2016

Practice Structures: War




This practice structure involves solving problems with quick mental math and comparing solutions.  I have found several math war games online and played them with my students.  Whether solving 1 step equations with pre-algebra students or practicing unit circle trig values with pre-cal students, my students always love this game.

This year I played this version of war to review exponent rules with my algebra 2 students. Here are the directions that I used for the exponent rules version of war.


I will be playing this version by Kate Nowak soon to practice mental evaluation of logarithms.  If you have other ideas for using war in your math class, please share.  I'm especially interested in geometry and algebra activities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment